European Green Deal call
The Green Deal call will mobilise research and innovation to foster a just and sustainable societal transition aiming at ‘leaving nobody behind’. Projects are expected to deliver tangible and visible results relatively quickly and show how research and innovation can provide concrete solutions for the Green Deal main priorities.
The call is expected to be formally adopted in mid-September 2020, with deadline for submitting project proposals in January 2021.
The following areas will be covered:
- Increasing climate ambition: cross-sectoral challenges
- Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Industry for a clean and circular economy
- Energy and resource-efficient buildings
- Sustainable and smart mobility
- Farm to Fork
- Restoring biodiversity and ecosystem services
- Zero-pollution, toxic-free environment
- Strengthening our knowledge in support of the European Green Deal
- Empowering citizens for transition towards a climate neutral, sustainable Europe
- Accelerating the clean energy transition and access in partnership with Africa