Space in Response to COVID-19 Outbreak
ESA will launch on 31st March 2020 an Announcement of Opportunity (AO) inviting companies to submit their ideas for deploying and demonstrating services to respond to the emergency that Europe, and especially Italy, is facing because of the spreading of the coronavirus. The AO is issued in cooperation with the Italian Minister for Technological Innovation and Digitization (MID).
Deadline for Outline Proposals is 20 April 2020, 13h00 CET.
Companies responding to the AO are invited to propose Demonstration Projects dedicated to the deployment and demonstration of pre-operational services, addressing the topics of Healthcare or Education.
The main objectives of this AO are:
- Help the Italian citizens and professionals of the health and educational sector to deal with the challenges of the coronavirus outbreak;
- Support the development and the adoption of services in health and in education to sustain the Italian community in reacting to the coronavirus outbreak;
- Demonstrate the benefit provided by the utilization of space-assets integrated with other novel technologies in these extraordinary circumstances;
- Offer the opportunity to economic operators to deploy and demonstrate application solutions based on space for the benefit of citizens, local authorities and enterprises.
The proposed services shall be deployed in Italy, and can additionally be demonstrated in other geographies and countries, to the benefit of user communities which are facing similar exceptional challenges.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
Tenderers are invited to propose Demonstration Projects addressing the topics of Healthcare or Education.
Examples of (but not limited to) application areas for the theme Healthcare:
- Remote diagnosis
- Remote digital monitoring
- Diagnostics, initial treatment and follow-up by sharing large data files containing information on patients between doctors and hospitals
- (Real-time) support or training to medical personnel using videoconferencing or telepresence systems
- Medical resources planning
- Follow-up of patients affected by other sicknesses
- Sanitation of infected areas
Example of (but not limited to) application areas for the theme Education:
- Remote provision of training and education for teachers and learners
- Social “Virtual” Interaction to engage pupils
- E-Training and e-conference for entrepreneurs